A podcast is an audio program, like a radio program, stored as an mp3, so that it can be played in an Ipod or computer, whenever a listener wants. This was the definition given in this week “reading” which happened to be the easiest of the quarter considering it was a video! The video, titled “Better World Video on Podcasting”, produced by Peter Osborne and Andrew Bailey was extremely informative in fact at times a little more than I hoped for. I found myself asking when will this be over and why do I need to know this? For example, how will it benefit me to know that I might want “six mini production teams divided into groups of three.” The video went into way more detail than necessary but not to be mistaken, it did in the end prove to be quite helpful. The video I felt explained the podcast making process very clearly, from listing the various formats available to choosing your audience, it covered all the questions one might have, so I suppose it was smart to make such a lengthy video. The part that I found especially useful was the technical aspect of producing a podcast, as I would have probably had no clue where to begin. Now I know that a simple microphone and Audacity are all I need to get my podcast up and running. This week, I learned that a podcast can be a medium of self expression, you can add a variety of elements like sound effects, interviews and links to take your production unique. As I will soon embark on the task of producing my very first podcast, this video could not have come at a better time, as it provides key insights into the world of podcasting.To add, I particularly liked that the video made sure to remind the viewer that podcasting can be fun and more importantly that anyone can do it, now for my sake lets hope I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.