This week, most of my reading consisted of dissecting long scientific text for facts I could use to support my research. I read three papers this week that all dealt with music and its affect on mood. While the material was very interesting, I found it somewhat difficult to understand the vocabulary used. Writing a scientific paper is quite an extensive process, that requires time and dedication. My paper was aimed at identifying whether a correlation between music and mood exist. This was a topic of particular interest to me because music plays a central role in my life. I often look to music as a way to escape and be free of everything tangible. Music allows you to express your emotions through its beat text and lyrics. With my study I wanted to test if others felt the same way about music as I did. The question I was especially interested in hearing response to was, Why would you say you listen to music? The answer caught my attention and I felt best captured what I felt went as follows “Because music is a definite mood-enhancing drug; the only medication I need to whatever ill things life brings. Music to brighten me up with its happiness and optimism when I'm feeling dark and grim. Music in that melancholy tone or somber voice to keep me company when my soul is down and weary. Music as a light shining through clouds that seems to awaken moments of understanding and unthought intellect. Music as the perfect sound and feeling that I need to accompany a riddled mind. Music is an aid to any thought, feeling, emotion, mood or living, breathing, waking moment. I really liked this assignment because it allowed us to explore areas of music we were interested in while still teaching us of writing at the college level.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.